|Course||Pairing / Description||Wine|
Mini Short Rib Empanadas
Bacon Wrapped Scallops
Le Rosé is sourced from a selection of the best lots of Cinsault, Syrah, Grenache and Mourvèdre. All grapes were harvested earlier in the season to keep high level of acidity and a fresh fruit expression. The grapes are carefully pressed and the free run juice is decanted naturally at low temperature. All fermentations were made in stainless steel tanks, between 14Cº and 16Cº. The wine was stored for 3 months in stainless steel tanks before bottling. Color: Clean and pale pink color, with salmon shades. Nose: Elegant and delicate nose of red fruit aromas such as strawberry and sweet cucumber along with subtle herbal notes. Mouth: Refreshing, light with nice acidity, mouth feel with a long lasting finish.
|Lapostolle Le Rosé 2019
Heirloom Tomato Caprese Salad with Burrata Mozzarella Extra Virgen Olive Oil, Pesto and Balsamic Glace
Express the terroir of Apalta is our mission; so, our winemaking philosophy remains a very natural process with minimal intervention. Our key points are 100% hand harvest in small cases of 14 kilos, strict fruit selection by 94% optical state of the art grape selection by Vistalys and 6% hand de-stemming of the grapes. Fermentation was done with native yeast and there were gentle extraction methods during maceration and a judicious use of oak to preserve the fruit but integrate the complexity that a wine of this quality deserves. Color: Ruby red with cherry edge. Nose: Red fruit aromas such as cherries and strawberry with fresh herbs aromas and a touch of vanilla. Palate: Silky and elegant attack, medium bodied with plums and cherry flavors. 93 Points, James Suckling;
|Lapostolle Cuvée Alexandre Merlot 2015
Chimichurri Marinated Grilled Pork Tenderloin and Chistorra served with Crispy Potato Rounds and Fried Leeks
As a general winemaking philosophy, in our Cuvée Alexandre Cabernet Sauvignon we look for elegance, balance and ageing potential. To express the terroir of Apalta is our mission; so, our winemaking philosophy remains very natural a process with minimal intervention. Our key points are 100% hand harvest in small cases of 14 kilos, strict fruit selection by 100% optical state of the art grape selection. Gentle extraction methods and a judicious use of oak to preserve the fruit but integrate the complexity that a wine of this quality deserves. Intense, deep red color with purple edges. Expressive and intense nose with cassis and black currant aromas. Elegant palate with round and persistent tannins, with fresh cherry along with a light toast flavor. 95 Points, James Suckling; 90 Points, Vinous.
|Lapostolle Cuvée Alexandre Cabernet Sauvignon 2018
Spiced Venison Strip Loin with Blueberries, BBQ Grilled Asparagus and Caramelized Pearl Onions
Our Petit Clos was hand harvested in small cases of 14 kilos. The grapes are then hand de-stemmed in our Clos Apalta Winery so we maintain complete control of the quality. We fill our fermentation French oak vats by gravity. We use native yeast to ferment the grape juice into wine, with temperature control max. 28° C. We estate bottled the wine by gravity without any treatment or filtration. Deep and intense red color with purple and cherry edges. Intense fruit expression with black fruit such as maqui berry and cassis well mixed with red fruit such as cherry and plums. Slightly spiced with anise and cedar notes. Delicate fresh violets fragrance. Big structure and good volume, balance with a remarkable acidity. 96 Points, James Suckling; 93+ Points, Wine Advocate; 93 Points, Wine Spectator.
|Lapostolle Le Petit Clos de Clos Apalta 2016
Vol-Au-Vent with Coconut Custard and Roasted Pineapple
Our key points are strict fruit selection using Vistalys optical selection technology. 34% of the clusters went straight to the press and were directly pressed while the remaining 66% was destemmed, crushed and macerated in a steel tank at low temperature for 6 to 12 hours. Then we racked the juice for a natural decantation in stainless steel tanks. We fermented 80% of the clear juice in stainless steel tanks in order to preserve the freshness of the fruit and the remaining 20% was fermented in French oak barrels. Color: Pale yellow with greenish hues. Nose: Clean and fresh nose with aromas of lychee, pineapple and white flowers. Palate: Refreshing with lively acidity, fine structure, with stony notes adding complexity and length. 91 Points, James Suckling; 90 Points, Tim Atkin MW.
|Lapostolle Grand Selection Chardonnay 2017